PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Wasn't arguing about the subject...just stating facts. In other news some politicos would like to increase the number of Supreme Court judges. Just facts.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My apologies. I misconstrued your post. The thread is about the accumulation of tobacco news and how the data is used. I saw you brought up voting age, followed by vaping, chewing tobacco and etc. Now we've jumped to the "Vestal Virgins of the Potomic" and I'm getting confused. Maybe start a thread on the political news of the day. Won't last long but, you do seem to want to butt up against rule 6.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't tracking my every move. I'm too old fashioned for facebook and have always had the habit of not using ATM's, for whatever good that does.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Yes, I'm afraid your right...I just can't keep my mouth shut about that slippery slope, and believe Tobacco law is part of a agenda. I didn't bring up these points...someone else has, I've just reported them.
No apologies necessary.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
If these data collectors can keep us fighting amongst ourselves, then we won't be watching what they are up to.

I say bring it on. There was a revolution once over the price of tea, remember?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I do remember a tiff over a tax (A tax rescinded before the "Tea Party") on tea which could only be shipped in from other English colonies coupled to the fact that colonists felt they were sorely under represented in Parliament.
Smokers, this is purely anecdotal, do not seem to be "one issue" voters with regard to tobacco. I'm guessing the percentage of voters as smokers is really no different than with non-smokers. So the idea of us acting as a bloc and having sufficient votes to be worrisome to the "antis" ... I can't even imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.