Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
After immensely enjoying Mac Baren HH Highland Blend, which is topped with 30-year old Glenfarclas Scotch, I decided I need to get some of the scotch to go with it.
My local store only stocks the 12-year old, so I asked to see if they could order the 30-year old.
Their distributor doesn't have the 30-year old, but here is what they have.
- 17-year old - $95

- 21-year old - $141

- 25 year old - $151

- 40-year old - $432
I'm glad I asked the prices because I almost told them to order the 40-year old. I'm not quite ready to blow that much money on a bottle of scotch, so I went with the 25-year old.
I'll probably have it on Monday or Tuesday.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Definitely out of my pay grade. After the first glass the taste buds are pretty much toast, so why bother?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
As much as I like a good scotch, even the 17-year is out of my price-point. I have to agree with krgulick, though. After the first glass, I can't taste anything, but it's more from being a lightweight than anything else.
-Jason

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
The Glenrothes select reserve is about the nicest I'll buy.
I would sure like to try a sip of this sometime. Great choice, sir.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Hey Kevin enjoy the scotch! I was planning to try out the 30yo after graduation, but you're ahead of me. I've tried the Glenfarclas 105 (60%) which seemed to just have the proper strength. Tell me how full the 75-80 proof Glenfarclas are.

May 10, 2011
More power to you if you can afford it. Not to be snooty I'll stick with a Cornell & Diehl Aromatic and a glass of Dewars . LDJonathan :puffpipe: :puffpipe: :puffy: :puffy:

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Glenmorangie Is my poison, I like it neat. I usually get a 12 year as my budget will not allow for more. I do have a bottle for when my shop gets open that is a 25 year. I have found that I like a non aromatic better because I like the clean taste, and smell.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
kevin, i know this is a pipe site so it never really gets brought up, but do you drink a fair amount of scotch? bourbon? do you drink when you smoke?
just interested.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I really enjoy Aberlour, I heard something from a few of my single malt obsessed friends about the quality of Glenfarclas scotches declining rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.