PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I have tried Odyssey, Abingdon, Maltese Falcon, Quiet Nights, Meridian, Westminster, Chelsea Morning, Samarra, Sextant. Someday I may rank them from most to least favourite.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
If I were asked rank Pease tobaccos, it would be an impossible task. He's made at least one blend for every every category on the planet and all have been unique and wonderful, IMO. Frankly, every time I pull a Pease blend from my cellar to smoke, I am in awe of the man with every puff.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Just finished off a tin of Fillmore today as a matter of fact. It'd been open for a month and a half and the last of it was getting a bit crispy. Had 2 bowls back to back - it's got a good dose if nic imo. I agree, it's really good stuff.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
So back to this, an honest opinion because I don't have the money to buy any in the near future, maybe ever
Odyssey, I think this is a good one but maybe too much latakia which numbs your mouth if you have too much.

Abingdon, still new to me but first impression is that it finishes better than it starts. Very good for sipping.

Maltese Falcon, there is sweetness and spice that comes and goes. It is good if a little inconsistent, it could be amazing and it could be barely there.

Quiet Nights, the tobacco is great when aged. Fresh it is just a bit too sharp and raw.

Meridian, maybe my favourite use of orientals. I love this one and it is very engaging.

Westminster, the best balanced of the list. I think the ratio is just right and probably ideal as an everyday smoke.

Chelsea Morning, it has a solid base and everything is fine but if anything it may be too mild. I think it works in the morning.

Samarra, I cannot remember much about the taste yet every time I smoke it I am enjoying the experience.

Sextant, not a fan of the topping. I get enticed into tobaccos that have a topping and almost every time later think it would be better without it.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Westminster was the first thing I ever smoked besides straight dark-fired burley, and it changed smoking forever for me. Still my favorite English blend by a long shot, and one I never want to be without.

Status
Not open for further replies.