PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakegibson

Lurker
Jul 11, 2019
So, I have admittedly limited experience with this blend but am on my second bowl today. The shag cut packs and lights easily. The nicotine content seems slightly over medium. Tastes just how you would expect a vaper to taste. Honestly this reminds me of Elizabethan in taste and mouthfeel. Both bowls have been consistent from top to bottom without much drama. Good for a daily smoke for me as these are the flavors I enjoy. Will update after I get through a tin at different times of days etc.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, I had a tin of this in my SP.com shopping cart, but you talked me out of it. I don't need to spend $12 to sample something new if it resembles a blend that I've cellared deeply. When the reviews hit the web I may change my mind. Thanks for the heads-up. :puffy:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Interesting. I enjoyed Elizabethan, but didn't love it. Another in a long line of what I would consider 3 star blends from Dunhill.
Did you notice the dark-fired Kentucky in Penny Farthing?

blakegibson

Lurker
Jul 11, 2019
In short no I haven’t noticed the dark fired but I really have only tried a couple blends with it. I’ve had 5 bowls now all in the same pipe (shape not literal same pipe) and nothing has really changed. I’ve noticed the blend is significantly sweeter if I pack it way tighter than normal but I feel like that’s probably just due to cut.
Another thing I forgot to mention is the moisture level. This stuff is dry. The tin I opened I immediately transferred to a mason jar and may even try to hydrate a couple bowls worth with a fresh boveda pack to see how that changes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.