PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Nice review. I have yet to delve into GLP vapers, but I’ve had my eye on Telegraph Hill. I’ve read about the Lat in Fillmore, and that’s enough for me to stay away. I feel the same way about Latakia as I do about golf; it has never been for me from the first time I tried it, but I can certainly understand why some people love it and can get borderline obsessed with it.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Same for me as cigrmaster. I was all Latakia for about the first few months. After that....VaPer all the way. Aged Escudo is my weakness.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I too taste the Latakia in Fillmore, but am not turned away from it. It gives just enough campfire to the Virginia it’s okay by me. What lordpipering said about the first bowl being better than the third is an interesting phenomenon. Depending what pipe I smoke in and how fast/slow I smoke I get this effect often. I have also read about airing out Pease’s tobacco like wine to get different flavors which I have done as well, to positive and negative results.
Anyhow, I blew through my first tin of Fillmore because I was enjoying it. But have so many more to try not sure it’s one I will cellar deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.