PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In the past few years I've been fortunate enough to have a number of pipe carvers as friends. A few of them have often surprised me by gifting me their work for being a friend and loyal customer. I've receive a volcano from Adam Sheehan, a Dublin and acorn from Bruce Weaver, and yesterday I was expecting a tamper from J. Everett Pipes, and not only did I find a tamper, but a little rusticated squashed tomato. I am truly humbled by the kindness of these fellows.

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
In the past few years I've been fortunate enough to have a number of pipe carvers as friends. A few of them have often surprised me by gifting me their work for being a friend and loyal customer. I've receive a volcano from Adam Sheehan, a Dublin and acorn from Bruce Weaver, and yesterday I was expecting a tamper from J. Everett Pipes, and not only did I find a tamper, but a little rusticated squashed tomato. I am truly humbled by the kindness of these fellows.

View attachment 2282
Beautiful tamper. The pipes not bad either lol

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You quit buying them, and yet they STILL keep showing up!

The gifts are always the special ones, and that pair is amazing.
I should have tapped into that years ago, no telling how much money I could have saved!? I may come out of retirement for his pipes, been in a funk since Bruce retired and sadly passed away. I have asked him for his take on a Santa pipe for Christmas and his ideas are great! He may be my new carver of a reinstated annual surprise commission.

Reactions: didimauw

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Carvers know appreciative pipe smokers who value their work and sometimes want to make their pipes accessible to these folks. Bob Hayes, an award winning N.C. pipe carver, sold me a bamboo shank Dublin at about a third its market value, I think because I had admired his work and he wanted me to have a pipe, the last TAPS show before he passed on. He was entirely correct about my admiration for his work. chasing', these carvers clearly value your patronage and friendship.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.