Getting Real About This Pirate Business.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
You're a mess, Jay. Yeah, can relate, though not personally. I had to go through hyperbaric treatment for a couple of months for a really nasty & persistent big-toe ulcer a couple of years ago, & the guy who was in the other tube most of the time had it even worse than I did, eventually losing the big toe on his right foot when it Just Would Not Heal, hyperbaric therapy or no. Me, I was lucky. They eventually got the ulcer healed & I went through surgery to straighten the foot; no problems with it at all since, thank heaven. Really glad the important parts of you remain with us!
BTW, for those of who you don't know about hyperbaric tubes, essentially they look a little like an iron lung (yes, serious), except with the head enclosed too. (You don't get claustrophobic, since the tubes are transparent except for the end panels.) They slide you in, then seal it up & pressurize the thing to roughly two atmospheres for about 2 hours, & you do that 5 days a week for about 2 months. It's an interesting experience, but the increased oxygenation significantly improves the healing.
Bill

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
As a diabetic myself, I find this post very interesting. Weight loss, diet and exercise got me off diabetes medication about 4-5 years ago. It's a daily battle I don't want to lose.
Jay, Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery. Diabetes is a very serious condition that shouldn't be ignored. Hopefully other diabetics who don't take it serious begin to do so. Thank you for posting your story. Good luck and take care.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Good luck with the recovery.
There’s a chap near where I live who is often seen walking with his cat draped across his shoulders.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Jay, Godspeed on your recovery and rehab. I feared that you had a diabetic foot when you commented on a prior post. I'm sorry you had to have the surgery, but it is unfortunately necessary.
I’m trying to come up with a set-up for an amputee joke, but I’m stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.