PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Next step in my new pipe shop/man cave is a sandblast setup- just got this 16CFM 5Hp 80 Gal Compressor in today...A little smaller than I wanted, but it should get the job done for now...
14azlfp.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't make pipes, but like most every pipe smoker, I'd love to see the sandblast process in action.

Maybe this would make a youTube piece. It fascinates me the way the blast opens up the grain, and

how certain parts are left smooth for stamping, and so on. I really like my blast finish pipes.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I'll actually be doing a few videos....I'll also setup a live shop cam so you can see what's going on as I'm making a pipe. Should be fun...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I am with you Cortez, I would love to pack a pipe, fire up a bowl, and watch Zack in action

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Awesome compressor Zack. Do you have the blasting cabinet and gun yet?
I'll actually be doing a few videos....I'll also setup a live shop cam so you can see what's going on as I'm making a pipe. Should be fun...
Looking forward to it, get that UTube money!
Craig

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Just got my internet set up in the new house...Craig- about to pull the trigger on a monster cabinet- $1,500 new...$500 on Craigslist...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Picked up my blast cabinet today- nice restored Scat Blast 850 w/ dust collector. This thing is really nice- even has a foot control for the gun...Nice industrial blaster for a cheap price on Craigs List... Been looking for one like this for 3 months...

b5i9hk.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope all goes well for your equipment purchases and installations. Please post updates as they become available. It will be cool to see most of the equipment that is required to make a pipe. It helps a person to appreciate the finished product when one knows what it takes to create it.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Zach I would love to see how you make your amazing pipes, can't wait.

~Ron

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
That looks so much like a contamination unit used in microbiology labs! Hope the project works out well. Keep up the good work!

Spencer

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Spencer, you should have seen my wife's reaction...She had seen pictures, but was no quite prepared for the 6' tall pieces of equipment sitting in the garage...(Honey, it's not going to be noisy is it?)...:)...note to self- wait till she goes out to work and then fire up the beast...!

Status
Not open for further replies.