Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmyfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2013
Belgium
I am jealous ! :D
Really can wait to see your videos.
One day, I will break my pig as we say in french :lol: and buy this stuff !

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Had a very serious conversation with the UPS driver yesterday when they made a delivery. "Sir, there's a powdery material leaking from this box" She calmed down when I explained it was glass bead abrasive for my sandblaster.... Fortunately, didn't lose more than a pound or so...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Had a very serious conversation with the UPS driver yesterday when they made a delivery. "Sir, there's a powdery material leaking from this box" She calmed down when I explained it was glass bead abrasive for my sandblaster.... Fortunately, didn't lose more than a pound or so...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, I might have been tempted to scream into my wrist "The package has been compromised, clear the area" with a panicky edge to my voice. Of course, I'd be locked up now....

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Spencer, I already tested on one of my reject pipes...Will run a couple of more test before I try a good pipe...

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Much coolness.
I installed a similar compressor about 10 years ago to sandblast my granite fireplace. I learned a few things about plumbing air:
Be sure to read up on piping, drying air and filtration. You want bone- dry air for the work that you are doing. No water, no oil. Piping can be done with iron ( use galvanized, not black), copper heavy wall or true Pex (Wirsbo/Uponor). The larger the pipe, the less the pressure drop. It's best to distibute at 125 or 150 psi, then have a regulator ( and a coalescing filter) at the point of use. That way you won't experience pressure drops.
Anyways, there's lots of good info out there on that stuff. Getting it right the first time will save you a lot of frustration.
Man, you are going to have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.