PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
I bought a tin of Mac Baren ODF about nine months ago and smoked a few bowls and thought it was pretty good. I stuck the rest in a jar and forgot about it. At the time and had just been smoking a pipe for a couple of months and was trying lots of different blends in an effort to figure out what i liked best. Well today I was looking for something to smoke and found it hiding at the back of the shelf. I filled a cob and proceeded to have one of the best smokes ever. I don't know if it has gotten better with time or if my tastes have just changed since then but I loved it. My question now is whether this blend is in danger of extinction due to the new FDA regulations. If so what are some other blends that are similar? I am definitely going to get some more soon regardless.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Good timing! Good question too. I just went to my local Tinderbox and got their last tin of HH ODF. I got one there before, when I first started smoking and noticed it was dated to November 2012. This one is too. Now I just need to order a fresh one and check it out. My last one had bloom and looked like it peed in the tin. It was heaven. I'm not opening today's catch for a few more years. Reserved for a special occasion...like a Tuesday. :wink:

Dec 28, 2015
That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I better start buying and hope the lawyers on our side win. By the way I am also getting some Black Frigate with my next order. Would like to join your crew while I still can.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
I already started stocking up on the Mac barren HH line. ODF is a favorite of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.