PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I bought a tin of this about 6 months ago and popped it tonight. I'm not the biggest aromatic fan but this thoroughly impressed me. Consistent flavor throughout the entire bowl, only 1 relight with no drying time. A pleasant surprise for a random pickup.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
A good pleasant smoke for sure.
I'm working on a tin of Germain's Plum Cake right now and I must say I'm sort of confused by it. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just don't know why.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Then what doesn't Germain do well. ???
I couldn't tell you as it is the first Germain blend I have tried. The few aros that I would purchase a second time tend to require way more preperation.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have seen Germain blends at the local B+M but never tried anything. Maybe I'll have to grab a tin and give them a shot?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wow, Germain makes some of my favorite blends (including the Esoterica line). If you're new to the brand, I'd recommend:
Brown Flake

Royal Jersey Oriental Latakia Mixture

Special Latakia Flake
Bob

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
just tried this for the first time recently. I enjoy lakelands so I don't mind unusual toppings. I wouldn't really call this an aromatic, I can still taste the tobacco underneath.
The tobacco itself has a nice musty flavor, not unlike their brown flake. It is a bit on the mild side of the strong blends I usually smoke, but I like it enough to throw a few tins in the cellar.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Plum Cake was one of the strangest blends I've tried. I loved it, but it was strange. I also recommend Brown Flake if you can find it.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
I agree on the strange note. The topping they use is interesting. The style of topping reminds me of Esoterica And So To Bed. Just odd.
Brown Flake, on the other hand, is heavenly. Slightly ordinary, but there's something about it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Germain Plum Cake is awesome stuff, although a bit odd. To me, it tastes like G&H Kendal Dark with the flavoring from SG Kendal Flake. Unique and fairly stout.

Status
Not open for further replies.