PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
This was my assumption for his absence. He made it quite clear that he found it totally unacceptable! Haha. Maybe without his expert knowledge around this whole place will just shut down. That'll show us.......

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
No worries. Still alive and etc. I didn't like the new compartment-like layout, is all, so didn't use it much. Then, after a while, I realized I didn't miss the "forum experience" itself very much. This one or any other. 25 years of it will do that, apparently.

As for Mr. Alaska's speculation, no worries there, either. I'm sure the board will survive just fine. He's just pissy because within days of his arrival he PM'd me to do some project or other, and I turned him down. Some species of pain-in-the-ass you can see coming from a loooong way off, you know? puffy

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
No worries. Still alive and etc. I didn't like the new compartment-like layout, is all, so didn't use it much. Then, after a while, I realized I didn't miss the "forum experience" itself very much. This one or any other. 25 years of it will do that, apparently.

As for Mr. Alaska's speculation, no worries there, either. I'm sure the board will survive just fine. He's just pissy because within days of his arrival he PM'd me to do some project or other, and I turned him down. Some species of pain-in-the-ass you can see coming from a loooong way off, you know? puffy

You must be having some memory issues there, George. I simply PMed you to ask if you if any of the youtube videos you had made contained information on stem restoration, which I was fully intent on completing myself. And if not, if you had any tips or other resources on the topic.

You told me to go figure it out myself, which I did.

I’ve been misrepresented before but that one takes the cake, haha.

As to my initial admittedly snotty post, I don’t think anyone here needs an explanation as to why I would reference you in such a way. You do a fine job of making it abundantly clear in your various interactions on this forum.

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Some species of pain-in-the-ass you can see coming from a loooong way off, you know? puffy

rotf

Not taking any side there...just had to laugh. That's exactly the kind of comment that makes George more interesting than so many others around here.

rotf

• Haha
Reactions: mingc

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
As to my initial admittedly snotty post, I don’t think anyone here needs an explanation as to why I would reference you in such a way. You do a fine job of making it abundantly clear in your various interactions on this forum.

In retrospect, my initial post was unnecessarily snarky, and this portion of my latter post was unkind and unproductive. I was frustrated by the exaggeration and mischaracterization of our previous interaction and posted rashly and without thinking, only exacerbating and emulating the kind of attitude I was actively criticizing.

My apologies, George. Your expertise is quite legitimate and adds a lot to the forum. Your knowledge is often quite helpful and I agree with others that we wouldn’t mind seeing you more often.

Last edited:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Well, if nothing else we will all see you on youtube when we need to know absolutely ANYTHING concerning pipe restoration George!

Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.