PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Jar Jar Binks as Darth Tedious. The real Star Wars 7.....Lucas buys back from Disney and Gets Spielberg to Direct, and bringing back the Cannon.
Jar Jar Smokes a pipe......Rum/Per of course.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Jar Jar had planned the whole take over. He was the mastermind.
Holy crap! Jar Jar was Darth Plagueis, and was responsible for creating Anakin Skywalker. It all makes sense now! 8O

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
As far as Abrams, well I loved the Star Trek reboot, but it's not very compatible with the original series. Which It wasn't supposed to be. Same thing will happen to Star Wars. The only good thing is hard core SW fans are used to writers playin in Lucas's backyard. With Lucas's permission and with no lawsuits to boot. Except Luke Campball and the 2 Live Crew.
I've excepted the reality along time ago, that Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy would never see the big screen. Besides reading the book gives the reader control.. Star Wars was inspired from Lucas's Love of Flash Gordon. It's there, especially in the prequels. I'm not one of these guys that Bash Lucas for changes and get pissed off cause he ruined my childhood fantasies. It's His baby, I love when Directors give their films a final cut. In the case of SW, we got a work in progress, which is even better. Hate the prequels because the movies sucked, not because of your preconceived delusions.
If I had changed one thing, Just one thing. I would've paid Paul Walker (not a Fast&Furious fan) whatever he wanted to be Anakin Skywalker. That would have been Bad Ass.
Well thought out and written post. I hope you get the the Star Wars movie you're looking for. I don't really have skin in the game as I"m only a mild Star Wars fan at best, but you're very correct about the prequels. They were bad but not for the raisins most people complain about.
As for Star Trek, I liked the first one. It was a fine action film that seemed to understand the characters involved. I didn't mind the changes they made because it was specifically an alternate reality from original Star Trek. However, like Seacaptain pointed out (I agree we were saying the same thing, Seacaptain), JJ didn't have much to say with the movie. He was just like "Let's take Kirk and Spock and the rest when they were young and throw them in some bad-ass action scenes." That's why I didn't watch Into Darkness. I had no interest in seeing his lazy (seeming) reboot of Wrath of Khan.
I hope he delivers with Star Wars. I'd hate to see fans disappointed. I'm not personally interested in his film though.
And, yes, ANY actor probably would have been more bad-ass as young Anakin than Hayden.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Cannon = Goes boom and shoots projectiles.

Canon = A general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.
According to Wiki...
The official Star Wars canon consists of the six released Star Wars theatrical feature films, the Star Wars animated film and television series The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, and every other material released after April 25, 2014, unless otherwise stated. The upcoming feature film Star Wars: The Force Awakens (along with the untitled Episode VIII and Episode IX) will also be a part of the official canon.
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm officially revised and solidified the canon, stating that all previously released Expanded Universe works would be re-branded under the new Star Wars Legends banner, in order to ensure a flowing timeline with the release of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. They also announced that future Star Wars stories will be considered on equal canon level with the films, with guidance coming from the Star Wars story group.

So this means that all those story arcs I loved starting with the Zahn's [/i]Heir to the Empire series, then the Rogue Squadron books and into the New Jedi Order books are now non-canonical and are supplanted by Force Awakens.
I'm actually okay with this. I love what Abrams did with Star Trek and am happier with the reboot there than I am with TOS/TNG/DS9/STV. As others have said, I'm really pleased that Lucas' hands are out of the writing mix. Kasdan is a big time upgrade.
I wait with baited breath.
-- Pat
PS - Luke as Sith Lord. Book it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Great points...Expanded Universe found its way into the Prequels. For example Coruscant coming directly from Zahn. Either way it will be one of the few movies I see at the theaters. I love Bond flicks and didn't even bother. I enjoy the experience much more at home.
I think it's awesome that different Directing teams will be doing the rest of the sequels. Lucas should have done this with the prequels. It seemed to work well with the original trilogy.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Perdurabo battling edits and iPad spell Nazi technology, let's be glad he isnt writing the scripts for any movies coming out in the future. :mrgreen:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I'm completely with Jesse on this one
Reserved seats: check

Kasdan: double check

Lucas = bad writing: triple check
Plus I loved the ST reboot, so until I see proof to the contrary I'm going to cut Abrams a lot of slack

Status
Not open for further replies.