PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I have a question for all our esteemed GBD experts out there. Have you ever run across a GBD pipe with an original colored stem sporting the GBD rondell? I'm not referring to an amber, horn or Cumberland stem. I'm talking about a stem that's red or white. And would said stem be vulcanite I wonder? I'm assuming the pipes would be from the 70's because, well, it was the 70's, lol. Thanks!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I have a question for all our esteemed GBD experts out there. Have you ever run across a GBD pipe with an original colored stem sporting the GBD rondell? I'm not referring to an amber, horn or Cumberland stem. I'm talking about a stem that's red or white. And would said stem be vulcanite I wonder? I'm assuming the pipes would be from the 70's because, well, it was the 70's, lol. Thanks!
as far as I'm informed GBD called them as Perspex stems so to say kinda Acryl like material

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Verichrome GBD's are seen as high grades, and came with colored stems. From a 1970's catalog:

''Matte finish, dual tone. Swirled acrylic bits in "copper, jade, champagne or pewter" -catalog ( 1976 )''

Reactions: Patrick_Green

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Verichrome GBD's are seen as high grades, and came with colored stems. From a 1970's catalog:

''Matte finish, dual tone. Swirled acrylic bits in "copper, jade, champagne or pewter" -catalog ( 1976 )''
Ah what I called red they called copper (it does look a bit orange in the pictures)

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The pipes I have seen aren't Varichrome according to the catalog description above. The white is solid, no swirls or dual tones. Same goes for the red. The red is quite bright.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Like this?

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Jef

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Wow, very different.
I have a feeling they were made in France, although I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.