PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I picked this up at the Richmond CORPS show. I already have two 549's, so I thought this would be a fun project and resell it. One of the forum members here is the new proud owner. After smoking it to make sure the stem tightened, I almost decided against selling it! The restoration details are here:

http://rebornpipes.com/2014/10/19/gbd-549-new-standard/
Before

gbd_549_new_standard_before.jpg

After

gbd_549_new_standard_finished.jpg

gbd_549_new_standard_finished-8.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
As the proud new caretaker of this pipe, allow me sing Al's praises. The pipe has been carefully and beautifully restored. I look at it, and it is obviously an old pipe, but it looks as though it has been lovingly cared for all of it's life.
Al also took great care in shipping the pipe. I've had a lot of estate pipes come through the mail, but none were as smartly, but simply, packed as this pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Dan, I hope you enjoy it for many years. I appreciate the compliment on the packaging, I strive to make sure my pipes arrive safely. The best packaging I've received was from the newest member at the Philly club, Gary Malberg (aka The SecondHand Smoker). He shrink wraps the box!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I second Al's packaging. It's the most professional, thoughtfully and carefully packaged....package, I'd ever recieved.
I actually forgot to mention this to you Al, but I'm glad to post it instead. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.