PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Finished this over the weekend. Currently listed the FS area. A near, smaller scale GBD bulldog, my first time encountering this shape.
Full details at the Reborn Pipes site:

https://rebornpipes.com/2019/08/27/gbd-206-new-standard-bulldog-restoration/
Before & After
gbd_206_ns_before-1.jpg

gbd_206_ns_finish_01.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Very nice work. Cool pipe, a classic. I’m getting geared up to try to work on some pipes and see what I can learn and enjoy. 1 problem, all my pipes are new or restored estates bought from established sellers. Where do you find not too far gone pipes and not too nice pipes? eBay seems to be all restored sellers. I am almost tempted to buy a grab bag from reborn and see what I get. Seems like a lot of pipes if I suck at it or don’t make any of them look better. I think it’s $70 plus shipping. Any ideas on where to look?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Most of mine are via Ebay, but I watch a lot of pipes.

I'm not familiar with the "grab bag" from reborn. It this via Steve Laug, he'll treat you right.

Personally, I don't enjoy working on pipe brands that I'm not a fan of, so a grab bag type deal wouldn't work for me.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Al, yes grab bag is on the shop section of Reborn Pipes site. Thanks to you and Mikethompson for the suggestions. I’ll start hunting with a bit more rigor.

Status
Not open for further replies.