PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I recently received a couple of tins of GH Ennerdale which I enjoy and I dedicated a pipe to it due to ghosting. I have an order of GH Bob's Chocolate Flake arriving in a couple of days. I've read some reviews of stating that GH BCF has the Lakeland floral, soapy, perfume scent/flavor...not as strong though.
Questions:

1. Is BCF considered a Lakeland blend?

2. Will it be ok to smoke it in my dedicated Ennerdale pipe?
I understand that they're my pipes and I can smoke anything I want in them. I would like some comments and recommendations to help with the journey of exploring Lakeland blends.
Thanks.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That was quick. Thanks Embers.

What other Lakeland blends can I smoke in the Ennerdale pipe? I hate to have a pipe dedicated to just one blend.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Ok then. I guess it's my official Ennerdale pipe. Just another reason to buy another pipe. :D

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That was quick. Thanks Embers.

What other Lakeland blends can I smoke in the Ennerdale pipe? I hate to have a pipe dedicated to just one blend.
Ennerdale is kind of king of the hill, the Lakeland bomb as it were. Glengarry and Grasmere would fair well but may get overpowered too. My Lakelands each are smoked in their own pipes.
You can smoke any blend you like in that pipe.....as long as its Ennerdale.
:rofl:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Well, I have a birthday coming next month. I see a pipe or two in my near future. Thanks for the responses. :puffy:

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[Scloyd, grab a meerschaum pipe. All of my Lakelands are smoked in meers. It helps.]
Meerschaum, clay or morta for that.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Is there a certain bowl/chamber size/shape that I should look for when purchasing a pipe for Lakeland blends?
I’ve have Conniston Cut Plug now. Ennerdale and BCF on the way. Going to dedicate a pipe to each one. Thanks.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Just read this about Gawith Hoggarth...
http://stogiepress.com/news/cigar-news-kretek-international-inc-aligns-with-gawith-hoggarth-pipe-tobacco-products.html/?fbclid=IwAR0fZ-hOf5_GMs0efJ4kW0xGYcf8_pPa_HyyNsK1l2YYaYmMPgAifh0zm-U

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Bob's Chocolate Flake is one of my favorite tobaccos. I have discussed it many times prior. I must be one of the very few who do not consider this a lakeland "soapy" tobacco. I hate lakeland blends, but I love BCF. I smoke it in many different pipes and get almost no ghost. But I'm in the minority apparently.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I really enjoy BCF, but only very occasionally enjoy most Lakeland blends. I find that BCF has enough Latakia and Chocolate to allow the Lakeland toppings to compliment instead of dominate. That being said, it has it’s own pipe, as it does ghost, but more so because I love the way it tastes without any other influences. Ennerdale is another story, and I only smoke it in a dedicated cob, and then only very occasionally. Other Lakelands, like Rum Flake, Rich Dark Honeydew, and Conniston share a couple Lakeland briars.

My understanding is that all of these SG and GH&co blends are lakelands and Kendals, because they are made there. Just a few have that weird rose geranium soapy flavor that I associate with a lakeland, but they also have banana, peach, tonkan, chocolate, vanilla, cherry, run, coconut... which can be considered lakeland.

This is just what I get when I asked about what makes a Kendal and what makes a Lakeland.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Ennerdale is kind of king of the hill, the Lakeland bomb as it were.

Oh, so that's the strongest Lakeland then? Any others will be milder?
I've a tin of Top Black Cherry coming, will I have to dedicate a pipe for it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.