PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Manufactured by spinning tobacco dark fired leaves into a rope.

Brown Irish, the thicker version of Brown Bogie, is a true old fashioned stout smoke, perfect, with a good strength more suited for the experienced pipe smoker.

As someone who has used almost evry form of getting nicotine in their system, and have a very high tolerance for the "nic buzz" I am always looking for something stronger that will give me that knock your Sox off fix, and I sure found it in this blend. Right off the bat the aroma trought the bag was pretty pungent, when I opened it it was allot more moist then I expected. and needed a bit of time to dry out. once it was dried out a a bit I cut a piece off and rubbed it out and let it dry a little more. once it was dried to my likeing I packed it and charred the top. right off the bat I got a whiff from the smoke and didnt realy like it but I got it lit and boy was it strong I realy fot a good nic fix, it burned pretty slow and evenly, and I was happy about that. I couldn't smoke this blend sl day but good for that first or last smoke of the day for me.

Reactions: danimalia

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
It's a really good smoke. But, since I found Cotton Boll Twist, I haven't smoked it as often. I love a really strong smoke before bed, as it seams to lull me off to sleep pretty easily. I have tried to smoke these strong blends earlier in the day, but I end up taking a long nap afterwards.
like I said I have tried almost evry form of tobacco to get that nicotine rush and this is definitely a good nic buzz

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There are several Irish brown twists kicking around, or at least there used to be when I lived in the country. One that always stuck in my memory was something we called 'Irish Fuse' which was a light brown color, very tightly spun and about 3/8 of an inch thick. I cannot remember what name it was sold under but that stuff burned slow and cool in a clay pipe but boy did it pack a punch. I love Cotton Boll but it is so difficult to find. Any one know of a good supplier?

why is it when I try and be good and not buy any more tobacco for a little bit you guys always have to mention something I haven't tried and will now be buying lol
This is just the nature of forums, ha ha. But, because Cotton Boll Twist is marketed as a pipe/chewing tobacco, shipping to some areas is prohibited. I have to get someone to buy it and ship it to me.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
This is just the nature of forums, ha ha. But, because Cotton Boll Twist is marketed as a pipe/chewing tobacco, shipping to some areas is prohibited. I have to get someone to buy it and ship it to me.
The twist I've been smoking isn't actually Cotton Bole brand, I couldn't find Cotton Bole anywhere online. I got a twist from Blackfoot Trading Company, iirc.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Brown Irish Twist is indeed quite a nice, stout smoke. I prefer Dark Flake, which I think has a bit more flavor (and maybe more nicotine), but I surely enjoy the twist as well. I use a cigar cutter to cut off thin slices and rub them out and let them dry which seems to be a bit faster than waiting for the entire twist or whole slices to dry. I've read a few folks mention they like to mix a bit of twist with other tobaccos, but I haven't tried it with any, myself, as I enjoy it straight.

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I just found out about Cotton Boll today, I’m most interested to try it out. I actually chewed a little coin of Brown No. 4 for the first time. Didn’t care for the taste, but it was quite a nice buzz. I’ve heard Cotton Boll makes for a stout chew, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.