PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Today my fiance's sister came over and for the 5th time or so asked about smoking a pipe,with genuine interest in doing so.She just turned 18 2 weeks ago, so I told her if she was serious then I'd hook her up...she said she was, so after she left, my girl and I set up a few pipes for her to choose from, 3 different tobaccos, pipe tool, matches and a few pipe cleaners, and called her sayin we forgot to give her something earlier.When she got here we gave her the bag and let her pick the two pipes then gave her a quick/crash course on packing and lighting methods (due to time issues).Even after the crash course she gave it a couple lights and off she went smoking like she had done it for a week..lol

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Nice. Good on you for helping out a newbie. I've been getting a lot of interesting looks at work about my pipes. I'm thinking about just keeping a few extra MM's in the car and some ziplocs of 1Q or similar with them and maybe a little resource card, you know this site for info, some of the sponsors for supplies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Hopefully someday I'll run across a friend/relative who expresses similar interest.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
It has taken awhile and I've been through many friends and family that said they wanted to try it, but did just that.So far this one has shown an interest for quite some time and now after being of age, picked it up with ease and seemed to enjoy it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've got a buddy coming over tomorrow and we're heading out to the lounge (my shed with a space heater) so he can try a pipe for the first time. Hoping to get a new buddy to start a club with. I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.