PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
AHAHA!!! The crazy wait times and loops I've jumped threw to get the last 5 or 6 of his releases, and now I've finally gotten a bunch RIGHT at launch :nana:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Really looking forward to this. Love pressed tobacco. Having become a lat-fiend, it's right up my alley.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I got a couple tins on order just in time it seems. I agree with Chawz - Glp's tin art is classy.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Man, I'll be waiting until late November to get the 2 tins I ordered from SP. I find my packages take a minimum of 3 weeks to arrive from them. Nothing to do with SP, just the mail system and customs :(

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Was hoping to receive my shipment today but it didn't happen. Shipping from North Carolina to Vermont is 3 days.

I'll have Gaslight on Friday and make it available on my website as soon as I have it in hand.
Hope this helps a few of you.
Rich

4noggins.com

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I forgot to check yesterday, and when I looked this afternoon it was out of stock already. It says they'll have more available on Tuesday, so hopefully I can snag a tin or two then.
I've never understood why people buy like 5, 10, 20 of something they've never tried. Yes, the few reviews I saw said it was very good, but taste is subjective and everyone is different. Personally, I like to try stuff before stocking up on anything.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've never understood why people buy like 5, 10, 20 of something they've never tried. Yes, the few reviews I saw said it was very good, but taste is subjective and everyone is different. Personally, I like to try stuff before stocking up on anything.
Normally I'd agree, but with Pease's blends, especially the ones with Latakia, I've come to trust him. I have similar tastes to him, and I particularly enjoy Latakia, so a new lat blend of his that he's been more or less smoking non stop for 2.5 months.....I can pretty confidently say I'm gonna want all 10 I ordered. And if not, I'll actually have a tobacco to use for trading later :)

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Normally I'd agree, but with Pease's blends, especially the ones with Latakia, I've come to trust him. I have similar tastes to him, and I particularly enjoy Latakia, so a new lat blend of his that he's been more or less smoking non stop for 2.5 months.....I can pretty confidently say I'm gonna want all 10 I ordered. And if not, I'll actually have a tobacco to use for trading later [:)]
I can understand to a point that if you have very similar tastes as another person and enjoy all the same blends, but I still like to try it first before stocking up. Yes, it does make for trade stock, but I'd rather not risk it myself.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm assuming that this was not a limited run, and it will reappear in stock.
I ordered two tins, but I'll stock up if it's as good as I hope it will be.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Like all of Greg's blends, it probably needs to be aged for a few years
From his site:
The aging potential here is, I think, extraordinary. It's great now, absolutely ready to smoke, but it will continue developing nuance and increased complexity over at least the next 5-10 years, and probably longer.
So, you're right. But I do enjoy a lot of his "fresh" and hope he's not just being a "happy new daddy" and this one is truly absolutely ready to smoke :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoa, it's like a land rush. I didn't see the post until someone had posted the "sold out." I have enough

unopened tins and goodies to keep me going for months, but this looks like another future for the list.

I just opened Triple Play, and it is delicious, but is going to require some effort to learn how to cut and

rub it, to get out all the goodness. Maybe a sharper knife, scissors. Also have a Group 1 shipped my way

that may be a good way to get at it. Oooh-la-la.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Was hoping to receive my shipment today but it didn't happen. Shipping from North Carolina to Vermont is 3 days.

I'll have Gaslight on Friday and make it available on my website as soon as I have it in hand.
My sometimers kicked in today and I nearly forgot about the Gaslight at 4Noggins today. I didn't get the amount I wanted, but I snagged the last three tins. Added a pound of NiteCap and some cleaning supplies for the free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.