PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawayna

Lurker
Aug 18, 2019
<p>Hello, I started love affair with the pipe about 2yrs ago. Then i quit for the longest time switched to vaping. I finally got really tired of having to charge the thing and I was annoying myself with it. A good friend brought me some pipe tobacco a few weeks ago and so I dug my pipes out and here I am. I have a few crowns, 1 vintage kaywoodie but looking forward to making some upgrades soon. As far as tobaccos go Im experimenting with different blends. Mostly sweet aromatics and I love the dark Cavendish blends. I just tried Lane 1q and Lane BCA both delicious. Im glad I found this community and forum

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. My 2 favorite aromatics are Cult Blood Red Moon and Sutliff Molto Dolce. Both taste like they smell, and people love the room note.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. A lot of non-aromatic smokers on Forums, but in the general pipe tobacco market, ninety some percent of sales are aromatic, so you are way in the majority. You might want to add a MM cob to your set of pipes. I like the ones with a Vulcanite or acrylic stem.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I thought that was Berwyn.

Berrrrwyn?!
svengoolie.png

• Haha
Reactions: ophiuchus

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.
I vaped 2.5 years before moving on to the pipe.
If you were a "plug and play" vaper, then, as Cortez implies, you might be surprised at the number of associated tasks involved with pipe care and feeding.
If, however, you wound your own coils, learned Ohm's Law to properly run a mod and/or mixed your own e-juice, you'll be right at home fiddling with your pipe.
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: UncleRasta

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since you're in OK I thought I'd mention, back in '67, I did a summer newspaper internship not far from your state line in Neosho, Mo., and actually crossed the line reporting on a water survey story. Since I grew up in Chicagoland, it was a big adventure. My wife, who grew up in remote rural Missouri up near the Iowa line, went for her internship in Detroit just in time for the riots, so is part of the Pulitzer Prize reportage there. They had a Fiat combat vehicle to get around town. In Neosho, I was warned not to say anything against Jesse James or Ma Barker, since the families were local and sensitive.

Reactions: ophiuchus
Status
Not open for further replies.