PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I got a fresh order of tobacco blends in the mail G,H &co. Balkan mixture was one of them i have had several of their rope tobaccos and really enjoyed those but for some reason this blend makes me gag and almost throw up its not the taste of the blend and im not nic. Sensitive but seems to be a reaction to something in the blend. Does anything stand out about this blend that could cause this reaction?

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Have you had several bowls of it? The other day I almost gagged from smoking Mac Baren Navy Flake, which I've smoked dozens of times without issues. Earlier today I put down a pipe of Classic Flake (low nic vanilla aromatic) because I was full and felt the gagamotions early stages. Now I'm smoking Irish Flake easily.

State of mind can affect these things. When I gear up to work hard and fast I can't smoke a pipe. Nor if I'm stressed out over something.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Tried smoking 4 times 2 bowls in a briar and 2 in a mm cob same thing every time i get to dry heaving

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I enjoy full va i have ogs, comoy cask #4, 507c also have enjoye latakia blends like gaslight and c&d ephiphony nothing ever had this effect before

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Maybe set it at the back of the cellar for a couple weeks? I’ve yet to experience this, it sure doesn’t sound fun. I’m going to watch this thread and see what the pros say. Interesting topic - not in a good way, but for education.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
I have the same problem every once in a while, with random blends that I enjoy a lot.
Would love to hear the experts' opinions on this.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Def jarred it up the only thing im seeing diffrent from other blends iv tried is orientals and maybe the va are red. Seems all other va i enjoy are bright or bright and perique so maybe it is red va that is the issue?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. Interesting. If it is only one or specific blends, it might be something used in topping or casing. It might fade with age or not. One Forums member found that Tabac-Manil Semois made him throw up. I'm not sure if that was hyperbole or plain fact, but he sent me most of the package, since I had sampled it and liked it. Plus some other items in the shipping that knocked my socks off (hyperbole). Jar it, age it, and try it later, cautiously. And thanks again to the Forums member for the huge generosity.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Ahhh, I was afraid this was going to be about my ex wife. :puffy:

or my ex wives(Plural!)... :crazy:

Hahaha! These replies cracked me up! And I’m now officially on your level, Weezell. I started thinking that maybe it was me who had all the problems and then I thought, nah.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People are wired so differently. Aboard ship, where I was immediately sent from Subic Bay to the territorial waters of coastal Vietnam, many new shipmates spent their first days wrapped around the commode. Perhaps I am from some old line of limey seafarers, so though I felt the motion in my gut, it was never a throw-up situation. It was a real blessing because I was far from a good fit for the military, but I gained some cred making the 00:00 hundred to 08:00 watch from the first night and for months forward. Today I might go right to the rail; you just don't know. Same with tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some nausea originates in the inner ear, as with vertigo, and this goes with motion sickness or tobacco I suspect.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I appreciate the input folks i jarred it up will give another try in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.