Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

calabashed

May 10, 2015
Frog Morton Across the Pond w/ genuine Syrian latakia, all 50g tins, shipping to US only included in price.
4x 2016 - $45ea

1x 2008 - $50
Or take all 5 for $215

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Scalper / flipper prices.
eBay ---------------------------------------->

hsnzz

May 11, 2018
I'm quite tempted, however I've only smoked FMC and Bayou which I both thoroughly enjoyed. My unfortunate lack of experience with Across the Pond is preventing me from pulling the trigger. Thanks for putting this up though!

tidalwave

Jul 9, 2019
The flippers are starting to show up in the forums now that their ebay scam is being shut down.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
Actually, Across the Pond goes for almost twice on eBay what is being quoted by the OP.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Actually, Across the Pond goes for almost twice on eBay what is being quoted by the OP.
In that case, then I apologize to Calabashed. It was a generous deal given the market prices. I was not aware that FM Across the Pond was going for more than the other Froggies.

briarbuck

Preferred Member
Nov 24, 2015
"The flippers are starting to show up in the forums now that their ebay scam is being shut down"
Says the guy who just joined a couple of weeks ago. Hmmmmmm...

jpberg

Preferred Member
Aug 30, 2011
Jesus, if you guys don’t like the price, just move on to the next thread. Or, keep whining and maybe the seller will ask you what you think he should get for his tobacco.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Jesus, if you guys don’t like the price, just move on to the next thread. Or, keep whining and maybe the seller will ask you what you think he should get for his tobacco.
Or we can speak our minds and discourage flipping and profiteering on the forum.
I've got no problem with the free market. At the same time, anyone who has had "friends" on Facebook etc. try to sell them essential oils, Rodan + Fields makeup, or whatever other scheme of the day, understands that it is rude to try to make a buck off people in a friendly non-commercial setting. The forum is a friendly non-commercial setting and many of us would like to keep it that way.
That said, I was mistaken about OP, as he was offering his baccy up at a generous price, given market forces.

jpberg

Preferred Member
Aug 30, 2011
It’s not your job to regulate commerce on this site, and if you’d known the current prices you probably wouldn’t have made your nonsense post. So check yourself and the market next time. You’re free to buy all the makeup you want on Facebook. This ain’t Facebook, and none of us need protection from spending money on tobacco here.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
It’s not your job to regulate commerce on this site, and if you’d known the current prices you probably wouldn’t have made your nonsense post. So check yourself and the market next time. You’re free to buy all the makeup you want on Facebook. This ain’t Facebook, and none of us need protection from spending money on tobacco here.
And it's not your job to regulate comments on this site. If you lack the tact and manners to understand that its impolite to try to turn a buck in a friendly setting, then that's on you. Good manners seem to be in increasingly short supply these days anyhow, so it's no surprise.

alaskanpiper

Preferred Member
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'LL KILL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, what was this thread about again?

jpberg

Preferred Member
Aug 30, 2011
The thread was about a guy selling tobacco, and it turned into righteous indignation at his prices. And then I lacked tact and manners. And some dude is paying too much for makeup on Facebook. That’s about it.

Other than that in spite of this hooligans asking price, he has managed to sell his tobacco.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
LD it's long been frowned on, making negative comments on a members prices for anything.
That makes sense, and I was wrong about OP. However there is a some point where it makes sense to say "GTFO with your $200 bag of Penzance" which is essentially what I (mistakenly) thought was going on here.

jpberg

Preferred Member
Aug 30, 2011
To put it bluntly lawdog and tidal wave, I’ve purchased (literally) thousands of dollars worth of tobacco on this site over the years, and both the seller and I have been happy, haven’t needed either of you to protect our interests.

So as I said, if you don’t like the price, move on. We’ve been, and will be okay without your wisdom.

jpberg

Preferred Member
Aug 30, 2011
And no, there’s not a point to say GTFO with your 200 bag of Penzance. Someone will buy it, or no one will buy it. What business is it of yours?

jojoc

May 10, 2019
jpberg - question: how is your response any better than lawdawg's? Do the rest of us need you to protect us from lawdawg?

Status
Not open for further replies.