PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
After my forth viewing of "Frozen 2" earlier today, I've decided it is now my favorite of Disney's animated features, pushing long-time favorite "Sleeping Beauty" to second place. The first three viewings were with each of my children individually as getting the three of them together in a theater for a potentially emotional movie has proven disastrous in recent memory and tackling one sobbing child at a time is more manageable. The forth viewing was for the lady of the house and myself to have a nice moment to ourselves after family holiday insanity.

The movie picks up three years after the events of the first film and starts with a flashback once again of Anna and Elsa's childhood. The scene, though heartwarming, provided foreshadowing of events to come as well as a little comedy between the siblings. The body of the story revolves around the sisters' family history and origins of things to come with side stories of Anna and Kristoff's relationship, and obscure, but very true nature facts from Olaf.

The music surpasses that of the original film with each character having bigger performances and even an '80s inspired soft rock balad.

Twists and turns abound throughout the story with a revelation that had adult patrons in tears in every viewing I attended, myself and my wife included.

While definitely aimed at an older audience and children who watched the original six years ago, this movie is very family friendly and easily re-watchable for parents whose children really enjoy it. It is certainly on my "to buy" list when released on blue ray.?

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Considering how many times I’ve watched the first movie with my kids (30 odd times perhaps, although I mostly walked in on them watching it), I’ll definitely be watching this with them and my wife.

Thanks for the review.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Here I was thinking I would never see a movie review of Frozen 2 on the pipesmagazine forum. I guess I was wrong.

I will probably see this with the family as well.
I love Disney animation, and this one won't disappoint!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any movie that would invite three consecutive viewings including a separate one for just the parents is getting a rave review. Disney as a corporation has a pretty carnivorous reputation in my opinion, but they still have an intense insight into kids and the kid in us all.

Paul 3.0

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2019
Anderson, SC
Took my kiddos to see it wed. They loved it. Olaf was oddly out of sync the whole movie character wise, just bizarre like he was in a different movie. Not sure what went on there but that was about the only quibble with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.