PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Is 100$ for a sampler of 2 oz of each of the 4 tobaccos worth it. I am looking for the best bang for my buck.

I know that taste is all up to the individual, but I hate spending extra money if there are other tobaccos in the same taste category.

Thanks

I usually buy bulk Tobaccos

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Well now that changes things. I though for some reason that 100g was about 2oz.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Maybe you oughta check this out before you spend $100- http://www.pipesandcigars.com/frwecosa.html
Edit: They also have a 100g sampler for $59.99. I order stuff from these guys all the time. They are good people.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
There are some out there that would do it. Sadly, lots of B&Ms. There's a freshly opened one here in Anchorage selling OTC-type aros for $5/oz, 2 oz minimum, AND "we have to put you on our mailing list 'cause we don't sell to just anyone". They also sell McBaren tins for $40 each 8O
@gwynclan ..... was this online someplace ?

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
@rcstan........ I had a guy in Anchorage tell me that it is going to be against the law to buy tobacco online so I needed to buy from him, because $4.00 an ounce was the best I was going to get around here.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Thanks for your guys help will place order today. Pipesandcigars.

Hopefully it holds up to the hype( the tobacco that is).

Jul 12, 2011
One of my local B&Ms charges almost $20./50g tin before taxes for

Erinmorw flake, which costs $6.xx online...now that is some serious

robbery IMHO :-( sad but true.......and These b&m's wonder why they

go out-of-business....that is why ;-)
And another one was charge'in extra about a year ago when there

was a supply problem with Dunhill bacci as well...told them keep it

at those high prices and just watch the dust collect on the tins sitting

there...hahaha-hehehehe

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
My jaw dropped when I read those prices! Please Look around a little more before making that purchase! Pipesandcigars.com has some wonderful samplers. I am expecting my first sampler today when the mail gets here :)

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
100g = 3.5 ounces.
I can understand your concern though mate. Here in Nova Scotia all one can buy is OTC, and not terribly good ones at that. A 50g pouch cost 18.00-22.50 each! So after shopping online, and talking to many of the fine folks here on this site, needless to say I am enjoying many diff varieties now at a much cheaper rate. Before joining this site, I used to spend $70.00 a week for OTC. Now that same amount allows me to experience so much more variety and it is my monthly payout. Big difference! But, like the wise old man said,"If you don't ask, you don't know".

Status
Not open for further replies.