PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I smoked a bowl last night and thought it was wonderful. But it does have a little bit of age on it. Maybe a year or so. Good American English as I would define it.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I put what I had left of it into a jar ( really didn't want to waste a jar on it ). Wondering would it really age like other tobacco's ? The Virginia's look real but the rest of it looks like plastic or something.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I put what I had left of it into a jar ( really didn't want to waste a jar on it ). Wondering would it really age like other tobacco's ? The Virginia's look real but the rest of it looks like plastic or something.
Gimme a break. You don't like it, sure. But plastic? :roll: Whatever your tastes, it's indisputable that McClelland sources superior tobaccos. The VAs might improve with age, but latakia and aros don't age well, so I'd just accept this blend is not for you and pass it on to someone who might want to try it. Black Cavendish is processed to look black (hence its name) and latakia is pretty much black, so maybe that's why they don't look "real" to you?

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Pardon me lazar...didn't mean to offend anyone. I was thinking the other black was stoved Virginia. I didn't even know there was Black Cavendish in it.The plastic comment was just a little sarcasm I thru in .........Thanks for breaking down and clarifying it for me.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Pardon me lazar...didn't mean to offend anyone. I was thinking the other black was stoved Virginia. I didn't even know there was Black Cavendish in it.The plastic comment was just a little sarcasm I thru in .........Thanks for breaking down and clarifying it for me.

No worries - not offended at all. You're probably right about the stoved VA. BC is not listed in the ingredients on TR, but it's definitely in there.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I haven't tried Cellar, but I have tried On The Town and Across The Pond. The last bowl I smoked of then tin if OTT I tried is what sold me on pipe smoking. I could taste plum as if I was literally eating a plum. It was so delicious and is what I strive for when pipe smoking. The hidden flavours when the pack, humidity and pipe is just right.
I had high hopes for Across The Pond, because I've heard such good things about Syrian Latakia, but I liked OTT more.

Status
Not open for further replies.