PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I find that the amount of Latakia in London Mixture and 965 to be too strong - and am not enjoying either of those tobaccos.
I've read good things about Frog Morton Cellar, and thought I'd like to order an aro along with some Virgina flake. Is the Latakia as much of a presence in Cellar as with 965 or London Mixture?
Thanks!

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I too like Cellar but I prefer On the Town. Can't go wrong with either!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@andya, I find myself in the same boat as you. I like some latakia, but can't do lat forward blends. Another two I would suggest (other than Cellar and On the Town) is Just for Him's Ruins of Isengard and Shortcut to Mushrooms. Both have background lat and smoke smooth and cool.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
cellar is a great blend. Prob one of my favorites for a couple years now. The latakia is not over powering, it is a very good mild english blend.

lraisch

Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I maybe in the minority, but I don't care for the "Cellar" version of the Frog Morton line. I have a tin minus 3 or 4 bowls if anyone would like to swap for a medium English blend such as London mixture or Rattray 7 Reserve.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I love Cellar, On the Town and On the Bayou. But haven't tried the original or Across the Pond. Quite a solid line, I would say.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
+1 for both "Cellar" and "On the Bayou", so much so, I have dedicated a poker to them.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Andy, since you seem to be looking for a blend that is light on latakia, in addition to the Frogs (my favorite is On The Town) you might try Bald Headed Teacher. Though I usually like my latakia front and center, I really enjoy this blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.