PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Its been a while since I posted, I have been making pipes for a year now, still haven't got them perfected, but getting there. This is the last one I did in December, A Magnum Bulldog, 7" long, bowl 1 3/8 x 3/4, flame grain w/ birdseye around bowl, Italian vulcanite stem w/wht and blk acrylic accent.
fGA5n3.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9). Picture link fixed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, that's a looker. I like the two-tone smooth finish and the unique band. That's a distinctive take on a 'dog, nice.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
thanks for the comments, and thank you alan73 for posting an actual pic, i posted a few more in my album

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
For only doing this for a year, you are doing a terrific job. They are all great looking and well executed.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Thank you sir. I've created 21 pipes in 22 months, so really 1 a month. Pipes are easy, selling them to buy more materials is a pain.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe shows would be one potential outlet, if you don't have to travel distances to do it. Taking photos and doing the administrative work does take away time from carving the pipes, I've heard carvers complain. My go-to carver only sells at the State Fair and the in-state pipe show, and not online at all. You might try selected ones here on Forums. It's competitive. As my in-laws say truly about running cattle in Missouri, they have to keep jobs to support the farm.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I'm limited on options. I am primary caregiver to my 90 yo mother whom has multiple health problems. I haven't worked since last year at this time. I haven't posted anything here, as I'm not sure of Kevin's sales policy. I posted some on MEWE.com pipe smokers group, and I have a T.A.Allen Pipes facebook page. I am not doing this as a form of income just as a hobby to keep me sane, and to sell as a way to buy more material. Thanks everyone for kind words ! T. A. Allen (a.k.a. Buzkirk)

Status
Not open for further replies.