PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's a subject the electorate cares not a whit about. Why should Congress "pull the plug on all of that" if there is no interest by the electorate. Smokers, all of us, are on the wrong end of the argument, absolutely and undeniably. Stewing over it is a waste of effort and emotion. Might as well go out and try to keep the tide from going to and fro.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Stewing over it is a waste of effort and emotion. Might as well go out and try to keep the tide from going to and fro.
LOL...very true. But I'm not stewing over it Warren, I was simply pointing out to Cosmic that even though the FDA is unelected as he said, the elected "officials" still have authority over it (theoretically).
As far as the "electorate" is concerned, I still suspect a vast majority would vote for "none of the above" given the chance (in spite of the perpetual hypnotic state they live in). But I could be wrong about that.

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
It's not these ugly images or all the nonsense that politicians invent every day in France that make people smoke less,

but the scandalous increase in the price of tobacco, as of all taxes ... :roll:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wrong end of the spectrum?
This is where I move along. I could care less about Mobocracy. See ya! :puffpipe:

viesturs

Lurker
Aug 27, 2018
We have the same stupid pictures here in Canada in cigarette packs, some are totally gross. Social engineers that are out of touch actually think this has some effect on people...its all stupid.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
So Far,Good Old Germany hasn't invented those tasteless pictures on their Pipe tobacco packages, but their cigarette packets & Ryo tobacco pouches are all full of those pictures,peerhaps this is due to their strong tobacco industry,who knows?Moreover just some day ago,I was informed that Ireland is inventing what we call,Plain retail Packages,meaning that only that simply brand names are shown along with them nasty pictures.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There are warning signs on those sun screens some put in their windscreen that advise to not drive with it in place..... Darwin cringes.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
This same ridiculous stock image
2.jpg

appears on a pouch of Schippers Tabak Speciaal which was purchased by my eldest brother and gifted to me upon his return from a vacation trip to France.
The gentleman resembles actor Randolph Mantooth who portrayed Paramedic John Gage on the 1970s American television show Emergency! The lady resembles actress Kate Mulgrew who portrayed Captain Janeway on Star Trek: Voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.