PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
In yet another example of " What was I thinking?", I found two pouches of KCM for sale at the local Weis Market and I bought them. I don't think its been made for more than four years and I opened one pouch and to my surprise it is dry. Almost dust is more accurate! I'm trying to hydrate it just for the heck of it. I'm retired and idle hands and all that lead to great moves on my part!

Reactions: judcole

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
One of my favorite OTCs. I have an unopened tub of Hearth & Home Derby Club that I've had for a while. It's supposed to be a copy. One of these years I'll open it and find out. Good luck on the resuscitation effort.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I've got some I've had jarred for almost 20 years. I've been meaning to give it another try.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I ordered a tub of Kentucky Club aromatic due to it being my 97 year old grandfathers favorite tobacco, when he smoked many years ago. However I don't like it. Grandpa said he had many pipes, but only smoked KCA, and never smoked his cobs in public.

Reactions: gatorlope

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Well, it re hydrated fairly well and I might have sampled too early but it wasn't bad at first but quickly lost it's flavor. Too bad I didn't try it when it was still made.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I ordered a tub of Kentucky Club aromatic due to it being my 97 year old grandfathers favorite tobacco, when he smoked many years ago. However I don't like it. Grandpa said he had many pipes, but only smoked KCA, and never smoked his cobs in public.
didimauw, where did you find a tub of KCA for sale?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is Kentucky Club the blend after which PC Midtown series Derby Club is blended? I've never tried either, but might try a baggie of Derby Club, now that PC offers baggies of the series, along with the moderately priced tubs. I don't see Kentucky Club offered, but apparently it is still made/sold. Many prefer the Midtown versions to the "originals."

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Is Kentucky Club the blend after which PC Midtown series Derby Club is blended? I've never tried either, but might try a baggie of Derby Club, now that PC offers baggies of the series, along with the moderately priced tubs. I don't see Kentucky Club offered, but apparently it is still made/sold. Many prefer the Midtown versions to the "originals."
MSO, yes that's the stuff. Looks like the derby club is the closest thing to the original these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.