PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you post quite a bit (in my case to put it mildly) over the months you say things that are silly. I'm not running for town fool, but I feel okay about admitting a blooper or two, to see if anyone else wants to confess their own silly mistakes. Just your own, no reporting someone else's. My first goofball comment -- that I want to report anyway -- was when I worried in writing about the dangers of poking myself in the eye with the pick on the Czech tool. As funny as that was the "huh????" response I got. No one recommended I sober up, but probably a few had their suspicions. My other way out mistake was referring to the much coveted pipe brand as a Costello, as in Abbott and Costello. Hey, who's on first? Oh well, nobody's perfect. I got some loud snorts and scoffs on that one, understandably. Do you have any you'd care to 'fess up? I'm sure I've made many more, some I'm not even aware of. Fortunes of war and posting on Forums.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Oh it’s easy for me. It is the infamous parafilm stem wrap post. Followed by the bondage tape episode. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/parafilm-stem-wraps
I took one for the home team on that post.
m2BB71l.jpg

aKhBexq.jpg

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
The bondage tape episode had me rolling, and now Woodsroad getting put in his place by GL Pease is pretty entertaining stuff!
My biggest one is posting pics sideways, or not getting the pic to post period. Or at least I hope that is all...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Let’s all agree that nothing beats the famous pipe turds episode. That was an epic discussion blooper.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
A couple of months ago I was standing in antique shop trying to decide whether or not I should buy a particular pipe from a dealer. Using my phone I logged in to the forum and posted Did IRC make a "Gigante" pipe? Bleck stem with IRC on it. Bleck instead of black and a period instead of a question mark. And, I stood there in front of the dealer waiting for an answer as if the answer was going to come as quickly as a Google search.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, yes, there was a time I got this:
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L. The shame!

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine —Lifted from the link Dan posted.
And once I posted "Alright" then recalling my English teacher intoning: "All right is all wrong unless it's two words."
Their must be another mistake If you go through all there posts.

You don't post as many times as I have without making more than my fair share of typos, wrong word connotations, or just making mistakes. Some were embarrassing, some outright outraged some folks, and some baffle me as to why people reacted... anyways. Usually, I was trying to be funny but ended up bombing it. They always ended up being big misunderstandings, like out of an episode of "I Love Lucy."
It usually happened so many times that I used to just keep a sentence in my signature line that read, "Thank you for choosing not to be offended."

Status
Not open for further replies.