PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Preferred Member
Oct 10, 2013
I have set up a new Google Custom Search for the forums:
Pipesmagazine Forums-Only Google Custom Search
This is just like a regular Google search, but it limits your search results to just the posts that have appeared here in the pipesmagazine.com forums. You can easily sort those results by relevance or by date.
This is a big improvement over this site's search function.

woodsroad

Preferred Member
Oct 10, 2013
Thanks, elpfeife, but I can't take credit for the idea. Several years ago, someone else here had set up a similar search. That URL recently stopped working, so I created a new custom search.

prndl

Preferred Member
Apr 30, 2014
Thanks, as well.
And, yea, this needs to be a sticky thingy.

nevadablue

Preferred Member
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for this.
I just tried it and it sort-of worked. I got results for 'web' items. I couldn't find what I was looking for because of the truncated descriptions. Google issue there I know. But, then I tried 'images' since that would lead me to what I was looking for. There were 6 pages of images according to what the first page said. I didn't see what I needed so I clicked on page 2. 'No results' or something like that was the answer. Then the search was gone, no way to get back to the first page.
A good search should really be part of the forum software. I enjoy this forum very much. I don't want to complain. The forum content is helpful for sure. But for anyone who is new to the hobby, or anyone really, the treasure of the forum is the 'archive' of past posts and threads. If it can't be searched properly, it is crippled.

leafsmoker

Oct 26, 2017
Indiana
Okay, after clicking forums, there is a search engine at the top left that is LIMITED while using the search engine on the top right that states ''search forums'' is the one that works better for me. More results. So, if that is the one you created, Bravo! Thanks a lot.