PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I know how this feels. I'm also a professional musician and singer. Had to cut out smoking this last summer for an intense stage role. As much as I enjoy the pipe, I have to be sure to keep the voce at top quality, especially for a lead role.
Gladly, as soon as the final curtain on the last show was down I had my pipe ready. Ahh....

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Tarak,glad to hear the pipe smoking is not the issue. Did your doctor prescribe a 30 day regiment of Prednisone? If so, just be prepared to be real hungry as it increases the appetite big time. It will also bloat you to a degree. I hope you get your voice back quickly.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Acid reflux--drink half a glass of grapefruit juice with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey every morning. It's a natural remedy without having to take prescription drugs.

fideau

Lurker
Nov 19, 2013
Twenty years ago I was choking and burning almost every day. Got checked and diagnosed with GERD. Some damage but not serious. Started with prescription Prevacid, immediate relief. Now I still take it or Protonix usually about once a week. You can buy Prevacid now OTC.

I know how miserable that feeling is, hope you get some relief.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Tarak
I feel for you. Your voice is your living, and its a real drag trying to do this balancing act of not overusing it, and yet this is your busiest season.
I'm not a praying man, but my thoughts are with you.
As Kash said, finding a real doctor who understands pipe smoking is a real rarity in today's climate. Every doc I go to (there are many) tsk tsk's me about smoking anything. Its just the way it is now.
Good luck handling this challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.