PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Been away for a while - just getting back to things here in Orlando. Anyone up to try to get together this weekend for a quick pipe or cigar smoke? There are some good places to meet up, depending upon where everyone is coming from. Kinda short notice, but worth looking into. Any interest?
On another note, I received a few samples from a supplier to share with perspective members. Sponsors are interested in getting their products in front of established clubs. Best way to get pipe and cigar fanciers to know their offerings. If we can get together, can discuss getting this pipe/cigar group off and running.
bb

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Any pipe smokers here who also enjoy cigars? What are your preferences?

For me, I like the stronger non-aromatic English & VaPer blends for pipes and a good, dark Maduro cigar. Come to think of it...I believe I'll go have a Liga Undercrown this afternoon!

bb

blakjakshalak

Lurker
Jan 7, 2011
Saint Augustine here!!!
BTW, we have an established club in St. Aug that meets monthly. About 1/2 of our meetings take place in Jax as well. We steadily have about 12 members at each meeting.
You can find our group on Facebook under "Oldest City Pipe Society". Just request an add and you'll be added in minutes.
We have a meeting the 31st of January. You'll see the event loaded with details on the page.
We always hold a high-end pipe raffle and high end tobacco samples raffle each meeting. There are no memberships dues but we do ask that members put a minimum of $5 towards the raffle each meeting. One five dollar ticket has 3 opportunities to win (1 for the pipe and two for the samples.
ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!!
Feel free to PM any questions.
Highest regards,

Jim

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I'm in Miami, FL and looking for fellow pipers to smoke with. Billinsfl did you ever find a new spot for your pipe club?

bracerbob

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Spring Hill Florida
Hi Fitzy ,

Nice to see your reply my fellow pipe smoker. Where do you live in New York? I use to live in Beacon, New York before moving down here to Florida. I was born and partly raised in Yonkers, NY then when I was in the middle of fourth grade my folks had a house built in Lake Baldwin in Mahopac, New York. Lived there over 20 yrs then moved to Beacon and moved from there to Oldsmar Florida in October 1997. Lived in Oldsmar for over 13 years then moved to Spring Hill Florida almost 2 years ago.

When do you plan on moving down to Sarasota? It's nice there if you've never been there.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Bob,

I grew up in Montrose, NY and now I live north of Brewster.
Unfortunately I won't be moving to Florida until my son is done with school so I have quite a ways to go.lol
I've never been to the west coast of Florida but have heard good things about Sarasota, St. Pete and those area's.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Glad to see all of you holding down the fort. I first started smoking a pipe in Sarasota. Is the Bennington's still out there on St. Armand's Circle? I'll hollar at y'all the next time I'm down that way.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Thanks tslex. I'm happy to hear they are still around. I have some fond memories of lunting around St. Armand's Circle or at Siesta Key Beach after a visit to Benningtons.