PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So I work retail and we're in a bit of down time so my managers boss said to put in for any vacation time and you'll probably get it. So I'm planning on taking a vacation down to Florida (cocoa beach/orlando area) and was wondering how tobacco friendly or more importantly pipe friendly they are? Also, are there any good tobacconist in that area that I should check out?

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Florida is pretty lax on just about everything. I've lived here for 8 years, nad never had a problem. If you feel like taking a drive over to Tampa, there is a nice Edwards Pipe shop. Not sure about the Orlando Area, but I'm sure they'll have some good stuff.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
For pipes there is nothing in the Orlando area. There is one cigar shop in Castleberry. In Tampa and in Lakeland there is Edward's. FL charge lots in tobacco taxes so you might be better off ordering on line.
I hope you enjoy your vacation in FL. I have lived in various cities in FL for most of my 53 years.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Most of the pipe smoking and selling friends i have online are in the Florida Area actually. I go down once a year myself. In Tampa there is a tobacconist Called Edwards good people there. If your in the area i suggest checking them out.
Edwards

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Florida has always been pretty pipe friendly for me anyway, I've never received any negative attention. As far as tobacconists, the only one I've ever visited is Sosa Family Cigars, located in the Disney Mall in Orlando. They don't really have anything in the way of pipes, but it's a cool little shop.

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
Most of the restaurants here at Panama City have a outdoor area where you can smoke, people give me a weird look when I do it, but I think it's because one or two of the following reasons:
1.- They are not used to see some one smoking a pipe (at least not with tobacco! hahaha

2.- They have the image that only grandfathers smoke pipe while sitting on a recliner or in the porch

3.- They can't believe that a Mexican will be smoking something that isn't green (you know what I mean! :wink: )
As I work like crazy and I load my self with multiple projects at home on my days off I buy my tobacco online always, but maybe this week I will go to the local shop (Jim's Pipe and Tobacco Shop) and see what I can found.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
While I don't know the specific policies, I am sure that every beach will have its own list of rules. That being said, I never really pay attention to that. I have smoked my pipe on probably every public beach in the state, and I have never had an issue. Open air and pipes leave no trash. You should be golden. For me, Pipe smoking is a relaxing event. After two years of smoking a pipe, I've found that the habit loses its relaxing ability if I constantly worry about offending someone with it. Avoid smoking indoors in public places, and don't worry about the rest. The worst that will happen, is that someone will ask you to stop if you are breaking a rule somewhere. Relax brother, and enjoy. :puffpipe:

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
I have never being aware of state policies on smoking at the beach, I know that locally here at Panama city they don't allow pets and open beer containers at the beach (you can drink your beer in a plastic cup!)... and that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.