PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsbelow

Lurker
Nov 12, 2017
Hello gents. Long time lurker here. Just want to say thanks for the many hours of fun, and for all the things I've learned from you all. This is easily the best pipe tobacco talk on the web. I've recently discovered the smoking nirvana that is Petersons Irish Flake. One thing that sets it apart from some of my other favorites like ODF and Semois is a light floral scent that I get from it. I'm hoping to try more tobaccos of this genre with stronger floral scents. Thanks again guys!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The next obvious step is trying Condor! It’s dark and strong like Irish Flake but with a more pronounced floral casing. It’s absolutely stellar!
Other ones I also recommend;
St. Bruno

1792 Flake

Erinmore Flake

Dark Flake Scented
HU Sissinghurst

HU Daddy Gefftl

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Another two I forgot to mention:
Revor Plug / McConnell’s Latakia Flake - both taste very similar and have a very lovely, subtle floral topping.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With the Lakeland aromatics which have the floral scents, many seem to prefer to designate the pipes (only smoke it in certain ones) since the taste and smell tend to persist. Fair warning.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
For a natural floral/herbal taste and scent, try the McC Grand Orientals series. Fascinating stuff by itself and used as blenders.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
The Savinelli 140th anniversary tobacco has a neat floral note, it's a stout red virginia with some cigar notes thrown in, and the floral topping is just a neat whisper throughout. 4noggins still has some, not sure about other vendors.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The Savinelli 140th anniversary tobacco has a neat floral note, it's a stout red virginia with some cigar notes thrown in, and the floral topping is just a neat whisper throughout. 4noggins still has some, not sure about other vendors.

I've been keeping an eye out for that one. Is there another tobacco you might compare it too, as far as the floral topping is concerned? Last time I looked, Smoking Pipes still had it in stock.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I also didn't realize that C&D blends the Savinelli 140th Anniversary Blend. Interesting. Wish they would experiment a little more with some floral casings in some of their own blends. Maybe do a plug in the same vein as Velvan Plug!

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I think.... orange blossom? citrus, light and sweet. Anyway it's neat stuff. I find it pretty heavy for nicotine, but I'm a wimp.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I think.... orange blossom? citrus, light and sweet. Anyway it's neat stuff. I find it pretty heavy for nicotine, but I'm a wimp.

That's it, it's going in my wish list. The heavy Nic and the orange blossom did it for me. Sounds pretty awesome. Could be similar to Dan Tobacco's Bulldog Flake (not sold in the US as most here seem to be afraid of anything floral).

Status
Not open for further replies.