PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
I just recently picked up a pipe labeled “Flemming” I’m hoping someone can help out with as there’s some confusion over whether it was carved by Flemming Petersen (Flemming Piber) or a different brand labeled Flemming. Searching online hasn’t brought up much information. The pipe is stamped Flemming (in script), Piben, Denmark. Regardless it’s a well made, nice little pipe, just really curious who made it. Thanks for any help!

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
Sure thing!
af2S5ai.jpg

cN0Z5B7.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Quite imaginative shaping on that freehand, and especially finished out with the plateau rim, perhaps bone band, and uniquely designed stem. The grain is also extra attractive. I can't tell the size, but it looks sturdy but compact and not heavy.

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
Thanks everyone, it was definitely a nice find. The plateau really drew me in. Yes that’s either bone or horn, I can’t really tell which but it’s a nice accent. The stem is pretty far out, but the more I look at it the more I realize that someone put a lot of time into crafting that stem!

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
While I really liked the stummel of this pipe the stem didn’t thrill me too much so I sent it off to Briarville Repair to have something a bit more conservative cut for it. I got it back a few weeks ago, and it looks great!

I kept the original stem because someone obviously put a lot of time into shaping it, and I’ll have the original in case I ever want to trade the pipe or I began to favor the funky. Meanwhile it’s a great little pipe! Still smoking out whatever the previous owner smoked in it but after that’s gone I think it will be a fantastic little smoker.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Very nice. I like the new stem. The stummel needed a simpler shaped stem, that would work better for me too. Turned out well!

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
Thanks everyone, the original stem distracted from the stummel rather than complimenting it, it’s like a whole different pipe now.
So far it’s smoking pretty good, in time I think it will smoke great.

Status
Not open for further replies.