PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've been looking for a couple of cigar holders for awhile now and after winning a lot of pipes (that I didn't want) on ebay that included a Dr Grabow cigar holder I found this pipe rack and pipes at a local flea market. Inside the glass jar was a cigar holder in great condition. Not much for pipes, the bulldog and straight billiard are Wally Franks and both full of fills. The bent billiard is marked Schuyler London England and may be a decent pipe. The brandy is junk and the Zulu? has no stem, but the extra stem will fit with some mods. Not a bad score as I was after the rack only and got it all for $20.
win_20150926_185827-600x337.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very nice. The rack and jar are similar to one I inherited from my dad, from his dad, and at least three of the pipes look like caterpillars waiting to become butterflies. My local flea markets and antique stores must ship all their good pipe stuff to your area.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
These pipes were never, ever cleaned. The cake build up had almost closed them off. The bent billiard will turn out good, the others will be good practice for restorations if nothing else.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Fourteen fills in the Wally Franks billiard, thirteen in the bulldog. Both are stamped "Natural Sun Cured", any idea what that meant? The rusticated bowl turned out to be a Dr Grabow!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Great score, Dave. The rack appears to be a 10 holder and they were going for $50 bucks a up a while back on fleabay.

Status
Not open for further replies.