PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This recommendation is mostly for you older guys whose attenuated-by-age taste buds require something special after a lifetime of exercise. :lol:
You youngsters are welcome to give it a try, though. 8)
When the mood hits me to be face-slammed with outrageous deliciousness, I cut a few slices of Appenzeller cheese, pour a world-class Imperial IPA, fill a favorite briar with some rope, and alternate bites, sips, and puffs until all is gone.
Oh yeah.... :clap:
Ropes are discussed often, here, so pick your poison.
As for the cheese and beer, here are my recommendations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appenzeller_cheese
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
'Face slammed with outrageous deliciousness' should have its own emoji...
Beverage pairings are old news, but this cheese angle is intriguing. I have some peppercorn gouda and a very (possibly outrageously) delicious IPA put out here in New Zealand by a small brewery called 'Good George' (not joking).
Will sample tomorrow if I get the chance, I think I have some black twist somewhere....
Isaac

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Bloody hell, no, I haven't. You speak of flavors that would awake the dead. I merely sip Virginia or vapers. What need have I to overwhelm my palate? I've been treating her like a lady for years.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Bourbon or Islay Scotch, Imperial Stout or English Style Barleywine, and Rope or a strong English blend, after a fat steak or moose bourguignon is how I ravage my palate with flavor. It makes a special Sunday.
Wouldn’t have thought to do a DIPA. I’ll have to give it a go. Don’t know about eating at the same time though. Eating while smoking has never appealed to me much. Maybe I’ll give some cheese a go as well anyway. Probably L’amuse Gouda. As Hunter Thompson would say, the only ones who really know where the edge is are those who have gone over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.