PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This cube cutting method, how small of cubes are we talking here? And do you just pack the cubes in with a three pinch method?

All ya need to do is cut against the grain of the the flake in small strips (maybe 2mm but experiment to find out what works for you) and you'll be left with cubes. Just let the cubed tobacco fall into the chamber, do not push down or use the three pinch method. Gravity fill will be fine, as the cubes will expand with combustion. Play around with different methods until you find which one you like the most. Good luck and have fun with it.

sailortodd

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
I got flake specifically so I had something to smoke on especially windy days, and I've only ever tried the fold and stuff method.
But then it might be relaxing to rub one out every now and then...
deathmetal was just talking about flake tobacco, right? No? :oops:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Fold and stuff. What's the point in smoking a flake if you're going to rub it out? I will take a tiny bit and rub it out for the top for ease of lighting, if the bowl isn't quite full with the flakes I have, but that's it.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
What everyone's already said! I love all of it!! For me, it's entirely dependent on the mood and inspiration of the moment. For the tobacco that I buy in flake form, they never do wrong and I enjoy them regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.