PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I had the opportunity yeaterday to visit McCranies for the first time on the way back from Savannah. It's a great shop. I had made a couple purchases over the phone from them in the past, but hadn't ever had the chance to actually visit the shop. Do yourself a favor and pay them a visit if you're ever in the Charlotte area. They have a nice selection of Castellos, other new and estate pipes, along with accessories and of course tobacco. I sat in one of the rocking chairs and smoked a bowl while the wife and dog waited for me in the car. I ended up leaving with 10 tins of Red Ribbon and a tin of Margate. It was a great visit.
The highway was backed up as we set back out so we got off and visited their other store. I left the other store with a 2010 tin of Brindle Flake and a tin of Virginia #27.
It's one of those things that all pipe smokers should do, kind of like going to the Chicago show. What are the other must do's for a pipe smoker? :puffy:

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Nice, sounds like a winner in my book. I was in Charlotte for some meetings for a project, but was unable to get out to McCranies due to my schedule. It's one on my list that I'd like to visit if the opportunity presents itself.
Not sure how I could relax and smoke a bowl knowing I had my wife/dogs in the car waiting for me though. She's most certainly a keeper.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

She's a keeper alright. She carried my pipe pouch in her purse for me all week while walking around Savannah. I lunted a lot and sat on many a benches smoking my pipes. She even lets me smoke in the house. I just haven't gotten her to let me smoke in her car yet.

spugni

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2017
Long Island, NY
Had the pleasure of visiting McCranies in September. What a great store. I wish I lived closer to them. A must for any pipe smoker.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Haven't been in a few years, picked up some tins and smoked a cigar last time I was there. I absolutely love McCranie's red flake and red ribbon, sad to see them go especially since I didn't get a chance to stock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.