PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I haven't had any Penzance yet, I have a bag from a lucky drop on spc. I have not had the urge to open it as I am not a huge lat fan, so I am scared to open it and be like...anyone want to buy an open ..balah blah blah...

I have only been at this hobby for several years so nothing in my cellar is aged except for some tins I purchased here and pipe stud. Who knows if and when I will open them up. There's way too much to enjoy currently as I have bought stuff in bulk.

Eventually, I am sure I will meet up with someone at a local show who may have some Penzance available to share.

It is nice to hear that it's obviously not the end all be all of pipe smoking world!

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
There is just no equivalence in terms of so many nominally regular, current production products to be so impossible to find. Sure, there are limited edition cigars, but with a few exceptions, those are generally intended to reach as many smokers as possible...
The Tatuaje Monsters used to be like that. Pure unobtanium and people would lose their minds trying to get them each year.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Call me stogy or principled, but mostly I don't chase a blend across the internet. I score high points for blends that respond to supply and demand and do energetic distribution and marketing. The blenders that produce leaf that is so exotic it takes large sums and months to procure may smoke it themselves. This habit is for my pleasure, not theirs.

Reactions: vates and danimalia

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
Haven't tried it yet, if I get a chance I'm going to buy a tin. I'm glad sellers limited the quantity one can purchase. While somebody wants to get a modest 2oz others would take all the stash available. ?
Presumably the closest blend I've tried is C&D Star of the East Flake.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a bag from a lucky drop on spc. I have not had the urge to open it as I am not a huge lat fan, so I am scared to open it and be like...anyone want to buy an open ..balah blah blah...
You could always gift it. I gave away a couple of pounds a month or so ago.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I thoroughly enjoy Penzance. IT is a wonderful smoke but it is no tbetter than a handful of tobaccos I enjoy on a regular basis. Arango Balkan Supreme for example, Delicious, a lot cheaper and more accessible.. Win-win.

More or less my feelings. It's a very good Latakia blend. But that's a crowded field. I'd just as soon smoke Bengal Slices or Maltese Falcon.

Reactions: sandollars
Status
Not open for further replies.