PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnp

Lurker
Apr 5, 2013
I just pulled the trigger on my first new pipe since my first pipe.
Here's the new one:

002-023-0801.jpg

Here's a pic of the old one:

tumblr_mge9jlmdiD1s1rad8o1_1280.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You certainly made a beautiful choice with that fantastic bulldog. I'm surprised that Rothnh didn't refer to it as a bullduck! :lol:

I recently bought my first L'Anatra, a billiard; and it was very slow to break-in and start smoking sweetly, but hang in there,

patience will pay off. The lines on that pipe are wonderful. :clap: Thanks for posting the picture.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
THIRTEEN YEARS. YIKES.

Glad to have you join us here, and you have two classics, being a straight bulldog, and a bent Dublin. That's one incredible Kaywoodie for a Standard grade pipe.

Welcome aboard.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Welcome those are both excellent. Also I cant remember the last time I went 13 weeks, well maybe more like 13 days without buying a new pipe :)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome aboard. Happy smoke rings with the L'Anatra. I have a poker and it's a great smoker. I hope it isn't another 13 years until your next pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love them bulldogs. I have a straight and a bent, and every one I see online catches my eye. That's a fine looking

pipe you bought. I'm not sure if you mean this is the first pipe you've bought in 13 years, or just the first new one.

If you have held off for 13 years from buying pipes, I think you deserve some kind of zen award for selflessness.

Most Forums members seem to wait at least a month between buying pipes, like me.

johnp

Lurker
Apr 5, 2013
I'm not sure if you mean this is the first pipe you've bought in 13 years, or just the first new one.

If you have held off for 13 years from buying pipes, I think you deserve some kind of zen award for selflessness.
What you see above represents my entire pipe collection.
I've got to admit that I'm pretty excited at the prospect of having a new one!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Welcome to the forum, John
One of the challanges of this forum is that if you stay on long enough, you are going to be infected with the dreaded disease of PAD. (Along with TAD)
Almost everyone here gets infected sooner or later. LOL
Good luck with your new pipe

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome to the forum. Very nice L'Anatra. I own a few L'Anatra's and they're excellent pipes. Best of luck with yours.

johnp

Lurker
Apr 5, 2013
Hey mate, welcome. Now I gotta ask: are you saying you have been smoking that Kaywoodie every day, all day, for 13 years?
I generally only smoke when the mood hits me, definitely not every day, so it's never really been a problem only having the one pipe. An ounce and a half of tobacco can easily last me a month or more.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
johnp, you now have enough pipes for a rotation, if you don't smoke a lot. Since you aren't a habitual buyer,

you probably don't feel the need to accumulate many. A corn cob pipe or two wouldn't be a bad idea,

to let your two briars rest. A few pipes you like that are good smokers is a commendable way to go. Not

many of you on Forums. Congrats on the great bulldog, and the fine, well-kept "original."

Status
Not open for further replies.