First impression of Christmas Cheer 2014(mini review)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014
Hand-blended, premium pressed Virginia flake pipe tobaccos. A fine, five-year aged, flue-cured red from Snow Hill, North Carolina, naturally sweet, rich in oils, perfect for aging
Presentation: Broken flake.
Room note: Fairly pleasant.
Out of tin: Moist(really needs a little drying). Smells sweet and pungent out of tin.
I got in a shipment today. I opened a tin and really enjoyed the smell. I rubbed some out and tried to smoke a small bowl and it was to wet. I dried some out for 3 hours and it dried very well. I only rubbed it out some not a full rub out. I packed my WGM DAN98 meerschaum slightly looser than I normally do. The charring light went well and I got a nice sweet taste. The bowl lit and stayed lit very well. The sweetness and a grassy taste was what I got the most of. It burned a little faster than most VA I smoke but never got hot or any bite. I still prefer Christmas Cheer 2013 slightly over this but of course the 2013 has a year on it now. I will be buying multiple more tins for aging and if it ages nearly as well as the 2013 has so far it will be a very good smoke. If you like red VA you will probably enjoy 2014. :puffy:

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the quick review. I got 4 tins of 2014 based on the reviews of the 2013. I am not into VA's at this point but the time will come and I want to br prepared.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Just to point out, the blend differs from year to year. So don't expect the 14 to be the same as the 13. It will probably be good but not the same. AFAIK the tobacco is specially picked from aged crop for each year so it is never the same blend.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I am not into VA's at this point but the time will come and I want to br prepared.
Someone has been hanging around the PM Forums! :P
I've enjoyed all of the CC's I've tried so far and will continue to grab a few tins each year.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Re. holiday blends, as long as they leave out the cinnamon, piney, minty flavorings designed to

give off a lovely room note and spread holiday cheer. They burn the dickens out of my mouth.

This sounds like a tobacco forward blend that tastes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.