PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Pretty excited to share with everyone my new additions...
First I received a Peder Jeppesen High Grade 7 pipe. Peder has been in the pipe business for a long time previously working for Nording. He now makes pipes under his old family name "Neerup" as well as handmades under his IDA and High Grade line. The High Grade line earns a rating from 6-12. I couldn't resist picking up this piece for under $200. I actually emailed Peder to see if he could tell me a little bit more about the pipe and he was kind enough to respond. How fascinating to find out some of the details.
Hello Jordan.
I am very pleased for add a pipe for your colecktion. I wonder where you have ordered this piece?

The wood on the shank is named Pockenholz, and the wood ring on the mouth piece is named Cocobolo (Brazil)

The bryere wood is from Sicily, and the shapes is one of my typical shapes.

All the best with your new pipe.
Best friendly regards.

Peder.​
Along with that I received quite the Esoterica shipment. Stonehaven, Penzance, Dunbar, Dorchester, and Tilbury. I do not chase this line from a collector/resale standpoint, I genuinely love to smoke all of these and was delighted to get my hands on a good amount. Also some Germain Medium and Brown Flake and Reiner Long Golden Flake.
I have the day off today and plan on heading to the local B&M for some quality smoking time!
IMG_1201_zps2064db85.jpg

IMG_1203_zps8f2ab7b1.jpg

IMG_1199_zps3bc21d13.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Jackpot! mrjerke, what a grand looking pipe. And I'd say you scored the big hit on Esoterica!

Way to go!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That is a stunning pipe! Although I've never smoked any Esoterica blends, that is a rather impressive delivery there! Enjoy your day off.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Don't smoke it all in one day!
Where did the pipe come from? Any idea how old it is?
What I really like about this pipe (aside from the bowl shape and thick walls) is the transition piece. In both color and form, it unifies the stem and the pipe beautifully. I'm not a fan of the "straw stuck in a lemon" or "nail in a fencepost" look that some older Danish freehands have.
This pipe is a pleasure.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Where did the pipe come from? Any idea how old it is?
Came from a seller I follow. I've picked up a Winslow 300 and a Savinelli 1999 Collection from them for a reasonable price as well. If I catch a pipe I like that seems fairly priced I go for it.
As far as the year I sent a follow up email to Peder to see if he could tell me that information. Still awaiting a response.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Congratulations on your beautiful pipe and good score on the Esoterica shipment. I have an Ida by Neerup and it's a top shelf smoker, and greet looking to boot.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
That is a great looking pipe, and you got it at a great price! Peder Jeppesen is one of my favorite pipe makers, the curves and flow of his pipes are second to none. The pipe gods have smiled upon you this day good sir!

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Wow. I don't chase down Esoterica blends but a member here sent me samples of Tilbury and Dunbar and I must say, both are phenomenal Virginia blends! I hope you enjoy!

thedudeabides

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Jordan,
Congrats sir! I enjoyed your prior review and looking forward to future reviews (looks like you have plenty of raw material!) and perhaps some comparisons of Dunbar/Dorchester. Hope you enjoy some fine smokes today!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats on your haul, and on a lovely note from a carver. Those little touches are what add provenance and feeling to a pipe purchase.
Nicely done.
-- Pat

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
WOW...That is a very nice looking pipe, and good thing it will have lots of good fuel too! Congrats!

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Awesome pipe! love the shape and grain. Congrats and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.