Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I was wondering last night what my first ever post on the forum was. This morning I spent a while trying to seek it out but alas got nowhere.
Is it possible to do this I wonder?
Regards,
Jay.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
If you click on your name it takes you to a list of posts you started and those you added to. Maybe you can find your first post there but generally things fall off the bottom of the list. At that point I don't know how you would find it.
I did manage to find my first post (a new thread so it was on the list). I did not know much about pipes when I asked a question about pipe shape 3 years ago. It was great to go back and read the very helpful comments from members that are still very active here. I am. It sure where I would be without all that I have read on this forum and some of the questions (which may seem silly) that I asked. The help and welcome here is unlike anything I have seen elsewhere.
Here is my first post

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Go to the Forums homepage > Latest Discussions > Forum Search Improved (2017)

Take the link to the Google search page.
Enter the following criteria:

mawnansmiff posted 2 years ago
This should get you to all the threads you posted to back then, and you can then browse. It's a start, anyway.

Dec 28, 2015
I just tried the suggestion made by Cortez and it worked like a charm for me. I too enjoyed seeing who responded to my early attempt at posting. And it turns out that Jay was actually one of the first people to greet me. :puffy:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Thanks for the tips chaps. Cortez, I tried your trick and it sort of worked, I was able to find some of my earlier posts but of course I never took into consideration that they aren't marked post 1, post 2 etc.

"And it turns out that Jay was actually one of the first people to greet me."

Well that welcome certainly paid off for me :wink:
Regards,
Jay.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yes, I've had spotty success with searches. I might suggest varying the keywords -- but you've probably tried that already. The irony is that Kevin is an expert in search engine optimization, but I think that pertains to another area of information technology.
You might, henceforth, try labeling all of your posts with some odd tag, like a string of unusual, unique symbols, e.g. ##@%$=&#. Then you can search for that symbol pattern.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Found it Jay. Proof:
Hello folks, this is my first post so please be gentle with me. I was recently given a whole load of old pipes from a pal who gave up piping some years ago...
By the way, if you click on # under your post, the link of the thread will be replaced with the link of your post within a thread on your browser, thus you can obtain the post number of your post.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
First post? If not it's real close. I learned eventually that I don't have the patience for making a quality pipe. :oops: I don't know how to make this a link like Javan did.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-makers-vice
How do you tell if a post is your first one?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I don't know how to make this a link like Javan did.
Write the text, highlight it, copy the link, click on URL, paste the link, click OK, you are good to go.
Video explanation
How do you tell if a post is your first one?
As a mod, I can search for all of the posts of a member, that's how I find it. You can also click on # below your post and obtain your post number. You can then compare the posts to each other based on the post number, in your case you have to compare 4007 posts :)
And yes, the one you mentioned above was your first post Stan.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
By the way, if you click on # under your post, the link of the thread will be replaced with the link of your post within a thread on your browser, thus you can obtain the post number of your post.
I knew that this could be done, as I had seen others do it, but until now I didn't know how to make this link. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.