PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I made this one as a commission, it is my first . . . and tenth pipe. It is going to Ireland! I'm pretty stoked! I am calling my brand Carmette Pipes. It is a combination of my daughters names.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Well Done!! :clap:

I really like the light finish........ I find that I'm liking that more and more. Briar will color over time, kind of like a meer, so a light finish is interesting to watch go through its changes..........

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been watching your progression and see that you've got a personal style that is somewhat unique and very interesting.

I'm curious how you managed to get a commission from Ireland, and also what you charged for that nice looking tomato Carmette?

Great work and fun to see and read about!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
This early in the game my prices are very reasonable! PM me if interested in having some work done!
Thanks for all of the kind words!

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Looking good! You are a quick learner - the details being refined are easily apparent. Unique as well. It's interesting to watch your style develop. Keep up the fine work and good luck with the venture! Love the name and sentiment as well!

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Beautiful!
I do like the tomato shape, and that looks like a great example.
I would have a hard time making something that beautiful and then NOT smoking it. If I was a pipe maker, I'd have to call mine "pre-broken-in" or something.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations on selling your first commissioned pipe. Sending a pipe to Ireland, with Peterson in-country and all those good European pipes around, is quite an accomplishment. It's a handsome pipe, an especially refined version of the tomato shape, it seems to me. Bravo.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I must say I'm taken with this tomato. The small transition that swells to the stem I'd bet I've seen before, but not the continuation of the enlarged diameter flowing to mid-section and then tapering to the bit. Very unusual! It really is very distinctive. I'm not as fond of lighter finishes, but my guess is that I'd love the pipe and by that accommodate to it. The grey and white mottled stem is also very fine, reminding me of bone. The funneled bit is also well-done.
No wonder someone already bought it!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I can't believe I missed this thread the first time but that is a solid tenth effort! I really like that light blond finish, I will really color nicely! 8O

Dont forget to stamp your pipes with your logo, thats what makes them special for collectors.
Here is an interesting story about Bo Nordh.

Code:
The owner of PIP-LARSSON was Olle Jonsson. He became curious about the amount of blocks bought by Bo and one day he asked what he used them for. "Making pipes of course", answered Bo. "Bring them here so I can have a look at them," retorted Olle Jonsson who himself repaired a lot of pipes and thus had some knowledge on the subject.</p>
<p>At his next visit Bo brought some pipes and Olle Jonsson was delighted. "Get yourself a stamp," he said, " and I will display them in the window." Bo Nordh's pipes did not stay there long - they sold fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.