PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
THAT! Is a great pipe. One of my favorite Castello shapes to be precise. The Zulu/Woodstock variation from Castello is unique and not quite a full Dublin nor a full on Zulu, the shanks vary in length. It has been around since the workshop began. It is a great Virginia smoker, your choice of McC 40th is perfect. IMHO, stay with Virginia blends only in that beauty.
Here is mine saying hello (1970 birth year).
1FRBGtqBcjJL6U9NNXl_pfry5BtoAhwkrZhZRfqIbo0

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Very nice! Not uncommon for a Castello estate to come in under $300.00, but at least more affordable. Love a wide-open draw. Hope you love on that Castello!

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
As it has already been said but that is a gorgeous Dublin. I love the rim...just beautiful. I hope you enjoy years of smoking pleasure with it.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
A beautiful Castello that will serve you well for many many years, congrats!

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
aro222, as far as actual amount of air you can pull, the current Castellos are not vastly different than any other pipe, including Savinelli. The key is really that they are drilled more carefully and the airflow is much smoother inside the pipe. There are lots of good smoking Savinellis, but their internal construction will lend itself to condensation a bit more than most Castellos.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I see, thanks for the explanation sasquatch

I’ve had my eye on a certain Castello for a while now but haven’t pulled the trigger yet

Purchasing that one will definitely have to be a covert operation and require some serious planning on my part

I’m still getting the stink eye from the mrs every time a 100.00 savinelli hits the door step Lol

I can’t even imagine the reaction to a 600.00 pipe

I guess I’ll just have to take my chances... what’s the worse that can happen a few nights on the sofa ?

At least I’ll have my Castello to keep me warm Hahahaha

Dec 24, 2012
Nice dublin. I have one very similar and it is a favourite flake smoker. I have a feeling this won't be your last Castello.

psperrytops

Lurker
Sep 15, 2016
Gorgeous pipe. I love the Castello sea rock sandblast. And on a Dublin shape it approaches perfection.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Exxxxcellent. My first pipe was a Dublin, & I've never shaken the liking for the shape. Castello dark Sea Rock just has something indefinable that makes it attractive. And that's a die-hard Caminetto freak saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.