PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Happy birthday sir! That is a very nice pipe indeed. Can’t beat the old Prince Albert or Carter Hall for a new pipe break in smoke

Reactions: Elric

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I'm thinking a nice Solani Silver.
51PADyedqBL._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: Elric

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
A hearty Huzzah to you, and congrats on another trip around the sun! Congrats on that pipe too. Quite a looker!

I just enjoyed my first ever bowl of Early Morning Pipe. I enjoyed it and suspect you might too. I find it similar to the Presbyterian blend I've also been smoking lately.

Reactions: danimalia and Elric

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I never noticed the alligator pipes had a little alligator stamp on the stem. Pretty cool. I've been breaking in my newest pipe with mostly C&D Oak Alley. Partly because it's great, but I also think C&D's crumble cakes make great break-in tobaccos since they rub out into such a nice, soft, short ribbon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You want a tobacco that's on hand or is readily available without waiting, then go ahead and enjoy that fine pipe -- a sitter with a wonderful texture and bright band. Happy birthday to you, and kudos to your wife for such a fine gift. All of the posted suggestions are great, given that you can have the tobacco today. I'd take something off the shelf, perhaps Tabac-Manil or Old Joe Krantz, but I wouldn't go ordering something and waiting for shipping. Now is the time. Once or twice I've waited for a long time to smoke a new pipe, and and the thought now infuriates me. Don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.