PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Can you guys actually get anything close to the same accuracy with a Glock as with older designs?"
The 1911 will be more accurate than the Glock.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
IMG_9531002-vi.jpg
My carry gun.

Alternating 90 gr JHP/FMJ @ 1400fps

2500+ rounds through it without a single FTF

$79 in 1995.
Doubles as a hammer, boat anchor or ship's ballast.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
My dad always told me to treat a gun like a fine lady.
Some fine ladies in this thread. Don't have any myself, but always wanted to get my hands on a Smith & Wesson SW1911.
26335_1.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
I am familiar with the saying "The best ___ is the one you carry"

So really all the hypotheticals are silly and if a Glock gets carried then that's the best gun in the world.
I guess my next thought was "If you had to drag a good pistol through the mud, which one would you pick?"
At which point all I can think of is Tommy Lee Jones bragging about how reliable the Glock is.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
If you really like to tinker. Get yourself an 80% lower AR receiver. No permit/license needed. It takes about 2 hours to finish. Put a slide fire stock/Bumpski on it and you have a selective fire rifle with no serial numbers on it and no registration numbers. All perfectly legal according the BATF.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
"Pipedreamin... My goodness, that's a nice looking pipe!"
I think it's my favorite Anthony, Rinaldo really does make a nice pipe.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
when I did go to the range once the 45 Revolver was far and away the best gun they had
You are not the only one to have this opinion. Especially rifle shooters seem to like these. But there are some other fine guns in the thread. Shooting is like everything else in life: a competition against yourself to make yourself the best at it that you can possibly be.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
My dad always told me to treat a gun like a fine lady.
I don't own any guns but if I did I don't think I'd treat it like a fine lady. Even if I did it would have to be a much larger caliber.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I'll play!!! I'm new to guns, for the most part. Here's a couple I've got:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"My dad always told me to treat a gun like a fine lady."
Really?
That's a nice looking Kimber, Cabin. I think their carry pieces have some of the most inventive features I've seen; the "melted" edited and hammer, polymer coating, and a groove instead of front and rear sights. I also love the grips. Nice!

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Jmatt, that H&K! Man I've always wanted to shoot one of those. I own a VP40 and love it, but those are legend.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I was just doing some inventory yestertday. Here's a couple more of my "handguns."

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Looks like some great squirrel guns there. A real plague, this time of a year, those squirrels.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Nice! I've been thinking about mounting a red dot on my 34. Some of the local 3gun crowd are really kicking ass with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.